A Modern Payment System for a Modern World
FRB Town Hall Webinar
The Federal Reserve Board of Governors published a Federal Register Notice outlining two potential actions to further support the development of faster payments in the United States:
1. the development of a service for real-time interbank settlement of faster payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year (24x7x365); and
2. the creation of a liquidity management tool that would enable transfers between Federal Reserve accounts on a 24x7x365 basis to support services for real-time interbank settlement of faster payments.
The past few weeks, Fed representatives have been canvassing the country, hosting town halls in order to build the understanding of the potential actions the Fed has proposed, and engage in dialog with stakeholders. Now, we are bringing a town hall to you virtually! Sign-up to attend a webinar on the Faster Payments Settlement Assessment Federal Register Notice.
A modern payment system for a modern world
Watch Esther George, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and executive sponsor of the Federal Reserve System’s payments improvement efforts, discuss faster payments in today’s economy.
Reminder: How to Comment
Stakeholders must submit their written comments for the Board’s review and consideration by December 14, 2018. All public comments will be posted to the Board’s website as submitted. Interested parties may choose from among four alternatives for submitting their comments:
· Federal Reserve website : Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
· Email: email@example.com; include docket number OP-1625
· Fax: (202) 452-3819 or (202) 452-3102.
· Mail: Ann Misback, Secretary, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 20th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20551.
To learn more about the Federal Register Notice and the opportunity to submit comments, visit FedPaymentsImprovement.org.